Welcome to the Equine Dental Clinic Ltd (EDC)
EDC is Europe’s first and largest specialist veterinary practice dedicated to equine dentistry.Equine VeterinaryDentistry Services
• Modern clinical approach
• Advanced equine dental services and referrals
• Training & CPDAdvanced and Referral Dentistry
• Oral extractions, periodontal disease
• Minimally invasive surgical procedures
• Restorative and endodontic therapyRoutine Maintenance Dentistry
• Clinical dental examination
• Controlled rasping and balancing
• Advice on developing problems
We are a true centre of excellence for equine dentistry offering routine, advanced and specialist referral equine dentistry services.
The practice was started by Chris Pearce MRCVS in January 2013 to provide high quality equine veterinary dentistry services across the UK. EDC currently operates with three veterinary surgeons including Chris Pearce and Nicole du Toit, both European and RCVS Recognised Specialists in equine dentistry, and Nicky Brooks, our resident in equine dentistry. All our vets are highly experienced equine vets, with specialist training and years of experience in equine dentistry. Services include:
- Clinic based and visiting routine and referral services
- Advanced dental, oral and head surgical procedures
- Advanced imaging including Siemens Somatron 16-slice Computed Tomography (CT) scanner
We provide a modern competitive equine dentistry service with treatments carried out at our own purpose built clinic in Dorset, or at various other equine practices and facilities throughout the UK.
- Equine dental referral services for vets and equine dental technicians (EDTs)
- Investigation for any dental problem, with advanced imaging including digital oral video camera, digital x-ray and computed tomography (CT scanning)
- We offer all modern dental treatments including cheek tooth extractions for infected teeth, diastema management, cavity restorations, root canal fillings and minimally invasive surgical treatments all performed under standing sedation
- We perform surgery for sinus and nasal disorders often using mini trans-nasal digital endoscopy and small sinus trephines
- Modern competitive routine maintenance dentistry service at your premises, or at our dental clinic in Dorset; Appointments within a 25 mile radius from our clinic are offered at fixed price; group yard clinics available at preferential rates – see our Routine Dental Care page
Equine Dental CPD Courses
We run our own unique ‘Key Skills’ CPD Series for both vets and EDTs. Our courses range from 1 to 3 days and cover all aspects of modern dental practice.
- EDC Key Skills 1 – Theory and Practice of Routine Dentistry
- EDC Key Skills 2 – Advanced Dentistry for the General Practitioner – advancing your skills
- Equine Dental Imaging
Get in Touch
If you have any questions about any aspect of equine dentistry, or would like to arrange an appointment for any routine or problem case, then we’re here to help.
We can arrange all aspects of a dental referral for you, just contact us in the first instance for advice and help.
The Latest from Facebook
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Show errorError: (#10) To use 'Page Public Content Access', your use of this endpoint must be reviewed and approved by Facebook. To submit this 'Page Public Content Access' feature for review please read our documentation on reviewable features: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.error: Content is protected !!