Our specialists are qualified to the highest level possible and recognised as experts in their field worldwide. See our About Us page for more information.
Referrals can be carried out in our own purpose-built clinic, or at various equine practices and other locations throughout the UK. For veterinary surgeons, please contact us if you would like EDC to provide referral services at your practice.
Chris Pearce CertEM(IntMed) CertES (SoftTissue) DipEVDC(Equine) BAEDT MRCVS is a European and RCVS Recognised Veterinary Specialist in Equine Dentistry with considerable experience in advanced referral equine dentistry. Chris operated an equine dental referral service for many years in Dorset, before opening EDC in 2013, and now performs referral services across the UK and Europe and lectures worldwide.
Nicole DuToit BVSc CertEP MSc PhD DipEVDC(Equine) DipAVDC(Equine) MRCVS is a world renowned equine dental specialist, with Diplomas from both European and American Boards, a PhD and over 50 published papers to her name, and joins Chris to make EDC a formidable team, positioning us at the very forefront of equine veterinary dentistry.
EDC is fully equipped to offer advanced equine dentistry services, either by visiting your practice, by referring cases to us in our own dental clinic, or by referring cases to us at a nearby referral practice (see below for details of regular clinics).
01258 841191 | 07909 990903
Our referral services include:
- Oroscopic examinations with video and image recording
- Oral and surgical dental extractions including minimally invasive techniques (MTE, MIR*, sectioning)
- Occlusal restorations e.g. infundibular caries
- Endodontic therapy of incisors, canines and cheek teeth
- Periodontal disease treatments including widening and bridging of diastemata
- Sinus surgeries (osteoplastic flaps, trephination, trans-nasal)
- Laser surgical and dental techniques
- Orthodontics e.g. ‘parrot mouth’ correction in foals
- Mandibular fracture repairs
All our advanced dentistry is carried out under standing sedation. Modern techniques have meant that general anaesthesia is now obsolete in all but the most extreme cases.
Away from our own clinic near Wimborne in Dorset, our main regular referral clinic locations are listed below:
- Langford Equine Hospital, University of Bristol, Gloucestershire
- Bourton Vale Equine Clinic, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Hook Norton Equine, Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Liphook Equine Hospital, Surrey
- Tyrrells Equine Clinic, Royston, Hertfordshire
- St.David’s Equine Practice, Exeter, Devon
- Newnham Court Equine Clinic, Maidstone, Kent
- Hambleton Equine Clinic, Great Ayton, North Yorkshire
- Alnorthumbria Equine, Morpeth, Northumberland
- Loch Leven Equine Practice, Kinross, Scotland
- Abbey Equine Clinic, Abergavenny, Wales
- Equine Dental Clinic NI, Hillsborough, Northern Ireland
We also regularly visit the Channel Islands, France (Nantes University), as well as numerous other veterinary clinics and equestrian facilities UK-wide.
We can arrange any imaging modality for your cases. We have our own Siemens 16-Slice standing computed tomography (CT) system at our clinic near Wimborne in Dorset∗, plus CT is available at two of our regular clinics (Langford, Liphook). Cases requiring CT can be imaged and treated ‘same-day’ at our clinic, or at the above regional clinics.
Image reading service
Chris and Nicole offer a free informal head and dental image reading service. For regular referral practices, Chris will share a Dropbox folder with you which can be installed free on any number of computers and images (Dicom or jpeg) can simply be ‘dropped’ in there from any computer with internet connection (preferably the imaging computer). Referral reports can then also be placed directly in the folder, for viewing or integration with practice management software.
Feel free to contact Chris anytime for an informal opinion on a case or to discuss a referral appointment.